Sunday, March 22, 2009

SXSW

I finally made it to some South by Southwest events! If you're not familiar with SxSW its basically this big music festival that is held here in Austin every year that people from all over the country come here to see. Obviously the events can get pretty pricey so I didn't purchase one of the all-access passes, but they always do some free shows and I finally got out to some of them. Saturday we went to an outdoor concert in Zilker Park and we saw a pretty cool show featuring Fastball (pretty old school), Beach House, The Cannabanoids featuring Erykah Badu, and Explosions in the Sky. It was great weather to be out, and they ended the show with a fabulous fireworks show behind the stage area over the lake! It was seriously the best fireworks show I have ever seen....way better than that crap they put on at Lindsey Park in Tyler.











Today we went to a guitar expo event - also free - and checked out all kinds of awesome super expensive guitars that I will never own. We did, however, score some really cool original band artwork posters from a poster show of some good bands...(Okkervil River, Spoon, Joan of Arc, and TV on the Radio). AND we are about to go see I Love You, Man, so hopefully that doesn't suck. It has been a really great weekend and now I'm sad that its almost Monday :( Boo real work.

4 comments:

  1. Never say never. One day we will totally make a fortune doing something and then we will get matching 30,000 dollar guitars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you aren't impressed by the Tyler fireworks!!! What's up with that? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun times. Good music. Cute pic of you and your fella. Sweet posters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the posters! Concerts like that are so fun. I hate crazy crowded concerts. How was I love you, Man?

    ReplyDelete