Sunday, April 5, 2009

Brace yourself, cause I'm about to blog about Twilight...

Ok I'm not really sure where to start. I think the best word to describe my emotion right now is complete frustration. I can't believe I let myself fall into the Twilight trap but I have. Even though all of my friends have been telling me forever now to read the book and watch the movie, I resisted for quite a while because I was pretty sure I wouldn't see the light of day for a while if I gave in. Unfortunately, however, I finally broke down and bought the book last night at Target. I had put myself on a waiting list at the public library 2 weeks ago for the book (at #62 in line) and still hadn't been contacted. But who can blame me...it was cheap, and I was at Target...the place where my paychecks go to die.

So what should have been an enjoyable Saturday evening with the boyfriend turned into "Just the first chapter", then "Well, I'll quit reading when you quit playing xbox", and then "Oh hell, its too late now, just leave me alone!" At 3am I made myself go to bed, but it had just begun. Instead of spending my Sunday cleaning house, car, and laundry like I had promised myself I would, I finished the book. This should have been a good thing except for the fact that that trickster Stephanie Meyer put a "sneak preview" at the end: the first chapter to the second book. Against my good judgement I read it and now I'm pretty sure I will have buy the second book tomorrow. $#*%

To finish off my day, I rented the movie. I couldn't help myself at this point. But here is where I make my whole point and get to the reason why I'm so frustrated: Why can't movies EVER be like the book??!?!?! I will just never understand why they cant just take the book, and make the movie be like it! I mean its not like they have to come up with all new ideas, or a new script...they have it right there in front of them...the hardest part of making the movie is already done. I just don't buy the argument that if they made the movie just like the book it would be too long. I have a scary obsession brewing here, and I'm not even one of those crazy tweens who would probably pee in their big girl panties if Robert Pattinson looked at them broodingly. Who cares if the movie is 7 hours long!?! Not me! Not the real fans!

Rant over.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe I just wasted my time reading a rant about Twilight. This women is making a fortune due to people like you...although it was good to see you write about something. If you go to garage sales on the weekend you might find the whole collection for a big discount. Or tell your boyfriend that you are looking for xbox games and need his help. What a wonderful Saturday it could be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so I am WAY behind on your blog, but let me just say- the rest of us are frustrated about the movie too. I mean, come on. It sucked. And I really thought that it was going to be good because Stephanie Meyer supposedly had so much involvement in the movie. But they changed and left out so much, and for NO APPARENT REASON. And come on, I refuse to believe that, even with a "small movie budget" that they couldn't afford to make the special effects better. I mean, when the special effects on an episode of Heroes completely blow an amazingly anticipated movie's out of the water, that is a big problem.

    ReplyDelete