Monday, February 16, 2009

Tip of the Hat, Wag of the Finger

One of my favorite tv shows is The Colbert Report with Stephen Colbert. I'm thinking since my only blog friends are my family, you guys will at least know what show this is, if not love it as much as I do. Whatever your political affiliations may be, the guy is just a riot. That being said, if you ever catch an episode you might notice a little segment he does called "Tip of the Hat, Wag of the Finger"... a little rant and a little rave. I would like to start a little spin off segment of my own, but since I'm not clever enough (or have the time) to think up a name of my own, I'll just stick to his.

Tip of the Hat: This week...its puppies! I feel like every story I hear, every conversation I have, and every picture I see, is PUPPIES....which is fine cause I love puppies! I love puppies so much that I recieve a daily email called the Daily Puppy just to brighten each morning! http://www.dailypuppy.com/ Sign up for free and recieve a dose of adorable before anything else can ruin your day. Earlier this week I watched the AKC / Eukanuba Dog food Dog show. Weird as it sounds, I seriously sat and watched the whole thing. The winner of the herding group was the Corgi, which happens to be my new favorite dog. They are just so stinking cute with their stubby legs. Maybe I feel like I relate to them ;) I think everyone should go out and get a puppy right now because they are made of sugar and love and they make the world go 'round. Do it!

Wag of the finger: Bosses. They suck...end of story. I am only on my 4th job (1st one I consider a "real job") and I have already learned that bosses are generally out of touch, not the best communicators, and down-right weird sometimes. My boss in particular. If only they really knew what was going on with their companies and their employees things would probably go much more smoothly. Ahhh.....if only someone would make me their boss!

4 comments:

  1. Nathan just said you are now officially his favorite "cousin" because that is the best show in the universe. Have you read his book? We read it together and laugh until we cry.

    And you can be my boss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Stephen Colbert too, especially his book! Bosses really do suck. If you ever have the chance to become your own, I do recommend it. Everytime being a business owner sucks (which is awesome) I just remind myself that I don't answer to anyone and think about how awesome that is, and it makes it all a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you guys love Colbert! And yes, I've got his book..."I lauged, I cried, I lost 25 lbs". Well not really, but you know...

    ReplyDelete
  4. K, love him too, but we are poor and no longer subscribe to comedy central thus never get to see it!! I'm so behind on your blog..trying to get caught up, look below for more comments!! :)
    Oh, and bosses do suck!

    ReplyDelete