Wednesday, February 4, 2009

No Thoughts...

I must not be a very creative writer. I thought I liked to write, but so far I haven't had any brilliant ideas of things to write about. With no husband, no kids, and no social life, I have almost no inspiration for blog posts. Here is a typical day in the life of me:

1. I usually wake up later than I am supposed to. Four days a week I am left to my own devices and conscience to work an 8-5 day, so I usually don't. Since all that is required of me is that I check in with my boss via phone call by 9, I usually don't wake up til after 8. Then I lay in bed for a while contemplating what I might or might not eat for breakfast, and whether or not I should really put on a clean work shirt since I am the only one who will see (or smell) me all day.

2. If I'm at my first site by 9 I'm doing good. I can usually wrap up my "field work" in a few hours, so by lunchtime I'm back at home worrying about my next meal. My days are pretty solitary which is ok for the most part but it does make for pretty lame storytelling. When my roomate tells me about her day, all I've got as a comeback is: "So today, I heard on the radio...." This solitary lifestyle makes everyday things like showering, brushing my hair, and putting on a clean work shirt seem optional. But I don't think I'll reach out for help until I quit brushing my teeth.

3. By now its about 5pm. Here's where I take a mental recap of what will be on tv that night, and talk myself out of going to the gym for the third night in a row even though my marathon is in less than two weeks. Bad idea.

4. Even though I wake up pretty late, I go to sleep pretty early too. I'm usually in bed by 11, and somehow 9 hours of sleep still doesn't feel like enough. Sometimes throughout the week my schedule will vary. I have the occasional date-night, or movie with the roomate or boyfriend, but for the most part I'm pretty predictable, which makes for un-interesting blogs. But hey...If you need to know the latest song by the Killers, when SXSW events are going down in Austin, or any other random radio fact...I'm your girl.

5 comments:

  1. What is bad is when you put a blog like this and no one comments...so I will.
    So this blog is interesting on so many levels.
    1. You have a boyfriend?
    2. Your roommates name is what?
    3. You don't have GPS on your vehicle so your boss knows where you are at all times?
    4. What are your favorite TV shows?
    5. And what radio program are you listening to that makes someone want to stop brushing your teeth...is that wise?
    Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Yes 2. Brittany 3. Not that I know of, but we suspect our work phones have been bugged. 4. I watch a lot of House and Scrubs re-runs. Like a LOT. I've been trying to keep up with Idol and Top Chef too. 5. I haven't stopped brushing my teeth...yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Sometimes I smell you too! :)

    fyi: yesterday, google launched a service that uses gps enabled phones to track cell phone users. http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/02/04/broadcast-your-location-to-friends-with-google-latitude/

    begin the freak out.. except not really because you can send it fake locations and hide from selected users (like your boss)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um- I do NOT like "gsthomas"'s comment. FREAKY! And I love you. I find all of this very interesting, sadly enough. I only make my mundane life sound interesting by elaborating on the el-bloggo, but it is actually rather lame. Let's hear more about the boyfriend!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can never think of what to blog either!! Good thing I have kids, or my blog would be SUPER lame!!

    ReplyDelete